Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Read more at Suite101: The Four Tiers of Business Credit and the Personal Guarantee http://business-mortgages.suite101.com/article.cfm/the-four-tiers-of-business-credit-and-a-personal-guarantee#ixzz0vPoJUNca
Monday, October 25, 2010
Read more at Suite101: Energy Efficient Mortgage Program (EEM): Federal Home Improvement Loan for Purchase or Refinancing http://home-mortgages.suite101.com/article.cfm/energy-efficient-mortgage-program-eem#ixzz0tiSQy597
Read more at Suite101: Business Credit and Business Credit Scores http://business-financial-planning.suite101.com/article.cfm/business-credit-reports#ixzz0vPmBE1DZ
Read more at Suite101: Organizing a Business to Establish Business Credit http://business-loans.suite101.com/article.cfm/organizing-a-business-to-establish-business-credit#ixzz0vPnJt6Cv
Friday, October 15, 2010
Texas Interest Rate Limitations*
- Legal: 6% with agreement can charge up to 18%. w/o agreement - statutory interest of 6% begins to run 30th day after becoming due
- Judgment: 18% or the rate in the contract, whichever is less.
Texas Collection Statue of Limitations
- Open Acct.: 4 years
- Written Contract: 4 years
- Domestic Judgment: 10 years (Renewable)
- Foreign Judgment: 10 years (Renewable)
Texas Bad Check Laws (Civil Penalty)
General Garnishment Exemptions in Texas
- 100% of Wages
Texas Collection Agency Bond and License Requirements
- Bond: Yes
- License: No
- Fee: No
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Read more at Suite101: Credit Score, FICO Score, and FICA Score: What is the Difference Between these Credit Rating Terms? http://consumereducation.suite101.com/article.cfm/credit_score_ratings_fico_score_and_fica_score#ixzz0tiLgkKkZ
Sunday, October 10, 2010
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
One of the most popular credit cards that people trying to re-establish credit are attracted to are the low-limit unsecured credit cards. T...
There are a number of Secured Credit Card Programs out there. Policies and fees vary as well as the approval process for each bank card iss...
A lease purchase agreement is a contract between the buyer and seller in a real estate transaction. Lease purchase contracts are commonly k...
The current economic state of our country has created a boom in the debt collection industry. Many banks and credit card companies are bein...
An Energy Efficient Mortgage is a mortgage loan that is funded by a traditional lending institution and is insured by the Federal Housing ...
Dun and Bradstreet operate on a 'fiscal year' as far as their reporting. It doesn't matter if a company incorporates in Septem...
I have been assisting hopeful homebuyers improve their credit score in the hopes of mortgage approval for over 20 years. The term "cre...
Building business credit is more than obtaining a DUNS number and filling out business credit applications. For business owners of new bus...
Three major mortgage lenders — Bank of America, GMAC Mortgage and JPMorgan Chase — have said they are suspending foreclosures in the 23 st...
In this day and time, I am a big proponent of secured credit cards, this was not always the case. But with large credit card companies tryi...
FTC Required Disclosure
The Federal Trade Commission requires that I disclose any relationship I may have between a product manufacturer or service provider when I write about a product or service.
My intention for this blog is to provide consumers with the knowledge to improve their current personal credit situation. It is the readers responsibility to do additional research and to make responsible decisions based on their own personal financial situations.
My promise to my readers is as follows:
- I am never paid to do a review of a product or service. I do not accept money to review credit cards, credit repair companies etc... When reviewing a product or service, I invest my own time and money to review and test credit products and credit services listed on this site.
- No advertiser will ever influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. Just because there is an advertisement for a particular product or service on this site, it does not necessarily mean it has been endorsed by the author of this blog.
- If I create a link to a product or service on this site, sometimes I may get paid a commission if you purchase the advertised product or service. These links are included after posts are written, and posts are never composed for the purpose of including advertising.
I feel the rules and practices listed above are just good business in today’s digital world. It is important for you the reader to understand the relationship between the person reviewing a product and the manufacturer or service provider.
If you don’t see a disclosure policy on a blog, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.